IMPORTANT: please update to 1.4.3 (or higher) immediately.
GDPR is a European privacy regulation allowing visitors more direct control over their personal data. Signing up for a newsletter for example or leaving a comment on a site means your email address and possibly your IP are both stored for future reference. Under GDPR visitors can at any time request access to their stored personal data. Ask for an export of all that data or for it all to be deleted.
To start off with all functionality needed we integrated with several external plugins: Contact Form 7, Gravity Forms, WooCommerce and WordPress Comments. Making it easy to add a consent checkbox and to keep a consent log.
WP GDPR Compliance helps you as a site owner take care of:
- Add Consents and give your visitors full control.
- Keeping a consent log for supported plugins.
- Adding checkboxes to supported plugins for explicit visitor consent.
- ‘Right to access’ through encrypted audit logs and double opt-in mail.
- ‘Right to be forgotten’ by anonymising user data.
– – – – –
Still need help? Get in touch with us and other users through the Support forum.
– – – – –
Wondering what GDPR even means? GDPR is a new EU privacy regulation that became enforceable on May 25th, 2018. Read more…